Chicago Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Serving Cook County and DuPage County
If you’re a motorcycle rider, you understand the dangers you face on the road. Passenger vehicle drivers often do not understand how to drive alongside motorcycles and respect their maneuverability and speed. No matter how conscientious you are about safety, it’s not possible to completely eliminate the possibility that another driver will turn in front of you, or fail to check his blind spots and change lanes without seeing you. After a motorcycle crash, find an Illinois attorney who understands the perils you face on the road and will zealously fight for your full compensation.
Motorcycle accident causes
Certain factors arise time and again in causing motorcycle crashes. These include:
- Passenger vehicle drivers often misjudge the speed at which the oncoming motorcycle is approaching, and either assume the bike won’t make it up to them before they turn or merge, or they turn in front of the motorcycle when the motorcycle is too close to avoid a collision, often resulting in a head-on crash for the biker
- Other drivers fail to check blind spots, or look but fail to notice the smaller motorcycle when scanning their field of vision, and turn or merge into the motorcycle
- Poor road conditions including gravel, large potholes, or uneven roads, cause motorcyclists to lose control and veer off the road
Accidents have serious consequences for motorcyclists
Since motorcyclists have so much less protection while they’re on the road, they face much more risk of serious injury or death when they’re involved in a crash. Common injuries that motorcyclists experience after a crash include:
- Broken limbs
- Soft tissue damage or “Road Rash”
- Spinal injuries, paralysis, and nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
The time and cost of recovering from these serious injuries can be great. This makes it even more crucial that you find an attorney who will exhaustively pursue every dollar to which you are entitled for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, permanent disabilities, and property losses.
Get Help from an Experienced and Dedicated Chicago Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Illinois, find a lawyer who understands how to investigate accidents, negotiate with insurers and attorneys, and ultimately win at trial, so that you can focus on your recovery. Contact the Homewood motorcycle crash lawyer John Fairman for a consultation on your claims, at 708-799-4848.